Monday, August 17, 2009

Crash=stitches



Last week I thought I would be adventurous so I went dirt biking with a teacher friend of mine. I was having a blast until....DUN, DUN, DUN......I fell off the bike!! There was a tight corner coming up, I didn't see it until it was too late!!! I down shifted as soon as I saw the corner, but I got caught in the sand. Sand = slippery and dusty which makes you eat the ground hard and fast!
My bike ended up sliding, I didn't even know I was falling until I was hitting the ground. It all happened so fast.
I did a superman fall. My leg was under the bike and the rest of my body was on the ground. It felt like when you fall off a skateboard or a regular bike fall. Fun, Fun.
As I was looking through the holes in my shirt I saw a mountain of skin. I thought I had a bunch of rocks under my skin. Little did I know that I was highly mistaken. I rode the bike back after holding my arm for a bit. It hurt! It felt like my arm got the wind knocked out of it. I had to ride all the way back to our starting area to clean my arm. My arm was stinging the entire way back. We all got back to the car and assessed the damage. I had this feeling like I needed to see a doctor and not stay and clean my arm up myself. I ended up going to the instacare in Orem. I was lucky I didn't break anything nor get burned. I was wearing Josh's moto gear. I have to buy Josh a new shirt. The shirt had 3 holes and blood all over it! :)
The end result of my arm is that there was little dirt in my arm. My fat from my arm was the rocks, and I have 10-12 stitches. I am happy that my injury wasn't worse. The doctor who sewed me up lived in Laie for 2 years in the 70's. Laie sure brings many people together.
Life is, oh so interesting.

Here are some pictures BEFORE:





AFTER: about 3 months later...

2 comments:

Cory & Alli said...

Eww! Gross! :)

TreverandDawnell said...

Wow! I am glad you are ok. It does sound like a fun adventure.