Friday, September 26, 2008

School

So, today was my track on day at school. Boy did I work hard to get photocopying done!lol. We do have aides to help with that, but I find it easier to do it myself. I'm excited to start school again. For those of you who don't know, I teach 5th grade in Riverton, Utah. I happen to be at a school that is on a track system (year round school). I am happy to be working in a great school! The teachers are awesome! The school is all indoors meaning air con for the hot summer and heating in the winter. Pretty Cool. Coming from Hawaii this is all new to me. I sometimes miss our open air classrooms. Growing up I loved to look outside at the coconut trees swaying back and forth in the lovely Hawaiian breeze. I felt free and not confined. Looking back, I wasn't always paying attention in school.lol.
This year I am participating in a technology project with 2 other teachers from my school for Jordan District. I figured out that I like learning how a computer works. What I most enjoy is doing projects with the cool programs they have out there. ie.blogs. Oh yeah, I can't forget, I am one of the student council representatives. I am busy this year!
Alohaz.

The picture has nothing to do with school. This is a great picture of the coconut trees swaying in the breeze.

3 comments:

Smiths said...

Hey Helen! I'm so glad to see you're blogging.... most of my outside the family communication is done through blogging. Yippy!

It's so refreshing to hear from a teacher that actually enjoys it- sign of a great teacher. Good luck with this year.

Atwood Ohana said...

Helen! You need to post more! Not to bug ya...but we all wanna know what you're doing. Keep us updated! It's really fun to hear from you and thanks for all your comments. How's teaching? Are you freezing yet? It's getting way cold. I still wear slippers though. I'm stubborn like that. well, miss ALOHA...(that name fits you so perfectly by the way) hope to see more posting! haha. love ya!

Amy said...

Good luck with teaching this year. It sounds like you will be busy.